TMG is pleased to present another introspective artist interview, this time with S.U.P.E.R Music, the Richmond, Virginia trio whose musical style can be described simply as “That Super Sound”.
THIS IS THE SUPER SOUND
S.U.P.E.R is an American music group formed in Richmond, VA in 2012. They were originally known as “Super Seniors” but later changed the group’s name to S.U.P.E.R.
*NOW HERE’S OUR EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH S.U.P.E.R*
1. What’s your bands name? Where’d the name come from?
Our bands name is S.U.P.E.R. The name S.U.P.E.R is use to decribe the level of quality we aspire to provide on all levels and mediums. It’s about regular people striving to be the best version of themselves.
2. The Yellow Collar Collective is all about the daily grind musicians go through to perfect their craft, what has been your biggest struggle and accomplishment as a musician?
As a musician one of our biggest struggles has been staying organized and focus. Being that S.U.P.E.R is a collective of 4 different artists/producers with different views, ideas, and morals. It can get challenging stay on the same page. As musicians our biggest accomplishment to date is the release of our latest project “Illegal Tint”.
3. What other instruments can you and your fellow band members play?
As a collective we pretty much play everything from Keys, Drums, MPC, Guitar, as well as DJ.
4. Why’d you start making music and why specifically did you choose your genre?
Neither of us ever had a choice. we all come from musical families and have been doing music since we were children. As far as genre goes I still dont think we have chosen a genre. Our musically preference and style is very vast due to the diversity of out upbringing and surroundings.
5. Do you have any memorable musical experiences that have shaped who you guys are?
Most memorial music experience as a band would be our performances this year at Virginia Commonwealth University’s homecoming. We have 2 very dope performances and the energy was was great!.
6. Have you ever released any albums or are working on any now? Any special projects?
As of right now we have a project called “Illegal Tint” out now. It can be streamed or downloaded from out website (www.ThatSuperSound.com)
7. Do you collaborate with other artists? Inside and outside your genre?
We collaborated with artist across many genres and we are looking to collaborate much more in the near future
8. What venues and events have you performed at in the past five years? Which has been your favorite?
Shrine World Music venue, Leftright NYC, VCU Homecoming concert, Paradise Lounge. Our favorite so far would be VCU Homecoming.
9. How do you acquire shows and promote yourself? Do you have any recommendations for other artists?
We promote ourselves on as many platforms as possible, Social Media, Websites, Networking events, and word of mouth. I think the most important thing is to cover all bases and go as hard as you can on every platform pushing your content. If its good it will catch on.
10. Do you have any mottos?
Be yourself at all times.
11. What artists inspire you?
Any and every artist inspires us. If you are speaking your truth and having fun that is inspirational.
12. What’s next for your band?
We have many projects and visuals to be released via web, more performances. The sky is the limit!
13. What do you do when you’re not listening to or making music?
Living life and experiencing new things to make music about.
14. What’s your favorite song right now?
To much good music out here to choose one right now!
Check out their live set from Shrine NYC below!
Thank you to S.U.P.E.R for taking their time to do this interview for all of us!
Check out more of S.U.P.E.R and their music below!